Short walk around Upham

13th June 2009

A very quick 3 miler around this pretty little village.

While walking through the cropfield up towards Street End I realised that in the distance I could clearly see The Rosebowl Cricket Ground with Telegraph Wood rising behind.

When I reach the road past the farmhouse, where I had continued along to Stephen's Castle Down previously, I turned off instead along the footpath/cycle trail that runs down to Bigpath Farm, across the road that runs past there into Upham and along up the continuation of the same old path.

And instead of continuing to the end of the path down to the road opposite another farm, I turned up along the footpath at the top of the hill which is fenced all the way alongside cow pasture. The youngsters I'd seen here the time before were all gone and the field being rested.

There were cows further along.









The views from this path along the little downs at this point are very picturesque and it is a very pleasant walk for an hour or so, and not far from home.

I met a chatty soul with a small black spaniel (which sat down for a fuss and then got bored and trotted off) along the path. I said goodbye to the cows and continued on to the end of the path and back into the village.

Turning left to return to the duck pond there is a pub The Brushmakers Arms on the right hand side, which adheres to the country opening times (11pm - 3pm and 6pm - 11pm). They also serve food.

No comments:

Post a Comment