Bramshaw Backwards

30th July 2009


All day it had been sunshine and showers so I dragged my waterproofs along with me. Didn't need them in the end.










My previous walk around the woodlands had been so pleasant I thought I'd go back for more, only this time in reverse. It does give you a different perspective of a familiar place.









There was a group of deer grazing just inside the gate. Being dark in shadows I didn't see them until I was climbing over the stile, by which time they clocked me and shot off into the trees.

Further down the path I came to the farm with many dogs. They seem to appear from all directions and run up and down the fence continuously barking.









I also heard and saw an owl flying. In the middle of the day? It was still an owl. It soared across the trees in front of me and out across a random cropfield in the middle of the woods. The crop they grow here is sweetcorn.









The sun was out just about all the time and being late afternoon and the height of summer the light in the woods was beautiful, and very photogenic. The Forest is showing the maturity of its colours now, although the bracken is just starting to turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment