Winter Days Diary - Clean Boots & Christmas Daffodils


19 December 2008

I need some fresh air before a busy shift at work so I thought I'd take a quick walk "round the block". It's all rather chilly and grey, but pretty where the Christmas lights are twinkling. What I did not expect was to see daffodil shoots poking through the soil as I walked under the trees along a rather nice street near the local park.

As for the clean boots - mine had got rather muddy (!) on Wednesday after the bog-hopping and I haven't got around to cleaning them yet. I knew the efficacy of beach shingle for removing caked-in mud from the deep treads of boots. It seems that some long, wet grass and a good, rough gravel path will also do the worst part of the job for you. All I need now is to wipe off the remainder and rub in some waterproofing. Excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment